Saturday, April 21, 2018

Small Bow Free Crochet Pattern


Hello! One week ago today, this sweet girl came into my life. Her name is Rapunzel aka Elle and she is a Fuzzy Holland Lop. I love her so much already. She is incredibly sweet and smart (she is already little trained after a few days) and she loves to cuddle with me. She's not very big so she sits up near my shoulder and she gives me kisses on my cheeks, which tickle quite bad but I don't mind.

Today we were cuddling and I thought she would look so adorable with a bow in her hair. I wasn't sure if she would mind it but I crocheted one anyways and look, it's so cute on her! Scroll down for the free crochet pattern.



Small Bow

US Terminology


Size

approximately 1.75 inches
(size is easily changed by using a different yarn weight/size crochet hook)

Materials

- Fingering weight yarn
- Size C (2.75 mm) crochet hook
- Scissors
- Darning needle

Gauge

7 stitches and 4 rows = 1 inch

Abbreviations

ch: chain
hdc: half double crochet
BLO: back loop only

Notes

3rd Front Loop: If you look at the top of your stitches there is a v. Tilt your work and work into the loop in the front.



The Pattern

R1: ch 12, put a hdc into the 3rd ch from the hook and hdc across. =10
R2: ch 2 (does not count as a hdc) and turn your work, hdc into the BLO of the same stitch, hdc into the BLO across. =10
R3: ch 2 and turn your work, hdc into the 3rd front loop of the same stitch, hdc into the 3rd front loop across. =10

Weave in the tail end. Cut the yarn leaving this tail end long enough to weave in and wrap around the middle of the rectangle. Pull through the last stitch, weave through the back to the middle of the rectangle and tightly wrap around the middle about 10 times. Knot it and weave in the end.



The End!

Copyright 2018 Alexandra Halsey
You may sell any finished items, but I do ask that you put a link back to my pattern and credit Alexandra Halsey for the original design under the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike License. Do not copy, share, download or publicly display this pattern without written permission. This includes translations and video tutorials. If you have a translation, please submit it to me by email. 

I hope ya'll like this little pattern! If you have any questions please comment below or email me. I hope ya'll are having a wonderful day!

Until next time, bye!