Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Kitty Cat Applique Free Crochet Pattern!


Hello! As you all might know, I got a kitten over the summer, after my sweet Yogi passed away. Ziggy has become a spunky, sweet kitty and I couldn't imagine life without him now. He always wants to be near me, cuddled on my lap or on my feet. He has inspired me to crochet a couple of things already. I've made a slouchy cat hat, crochet cat ear headband and a kitty cat witch hat. Now he has inspired this little kitty cat applique. I think it turned out really cute! Scroll down for the free pattern and the video tutorial.




You can use this super cute and very quick and easy to make kitty cat applique on whatever you would like. I think it would be really cute on a crochet pocketbook or a crochet hook case, but I have added mine to a crochet beanie. Click here for the free crochet beanie pattern.





Kitty Cat Applique

Materials

Hook
Yarn
Scissors
Darning needle
Needle to sew applique on

Size


With size G (4.00 mm) crochet hook and Caron Simply Soft yarn, my cat applique is 2.5 inches tall and 2.25 inches at the widest points. Play around with different hooks and yarn until you get the size that you desire for your project.

Abbreviations

ch: chain
sl st: slip stitch
sc: single crochet
hdc: half double crochet
dc: double crochet
tc: triple crochet

The Pattern

Kitty Cat Body and Head


R1: Make a loose slip knot (you will be working into it later) and ch 12. Put a tc into the 5th ch from the hook, tc into the next ch, dc into the next 2 ch, hdc into the next 2 ch, sc into the next 2 ch. Working into the loose slip knot, put 2sc, ch 3, 2sc, ch 3, 2sc and sl st to the 1st ch. Pull on the tail ends to close the hole.
Cut the yarn and weave in the ends.


Kitty Cat Tail

R1. Make a slip knot and ch 20. Sl st to the bottom of the cat body.
Cut the yarn leaving a tail long enough to sew the body and the tail to the hat or whatever you are sewing the applique to.


Sewing
Sew the applique to whatever you would like by sewing around the body first, and then the tail, positioning the tail as you go.


The End!


Copyright ©2016 Alexandra Halsey
You may sell any finished items, but I do request that you put a link back to my pattern and credit Alexandra Halsey for the original design under the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike license. Do not copy, share, download or publicly display this pattern without permission.

I hope ya'll love this pattern. If you make your own cat appliques, I would LOVE to see! Post pictures to my facebook page or you can tag me on instagram @_with_alex


I hope ya'll are having a wonderful day!


Soft hugs and