Thursday, November 10, 2016

How To Make Re Fried Beans


Hello everyone! Last night we had taco/burrito night and it was so good. I love making homemade re fried beans to go with our tacos and the men in my life love them as well!


My son also loves the homemade salsa that I make, and I will have that recipe and video tutorial up soon. Scroll down for the written instructions and video tutorial on how to make re fried beans.


Have you ever wanted to try to make re fried beans, or did you just forget to grab a can at the store? Making re fried beans is easy and fun!





Re Fried Beans

Servings

4

Ingredients

- 3 cups of drained and cooked pinto beans
- Pinto bean liquid
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil/olive oil or whatever kind of oil that you prefer
- 1/4 cup of onions, diced or 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin (heaping teaspoon for extra flavor)
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder (heaping teaspoon for extra flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (heaping for extra flavor)
- Salt and black pepper to taste

Instructions

Add the oil to a pot and turn the heat on to medium high. Once the oil is hot, add in the onions, salt and pepper. (Remember that you can always add more salt and pepper later if there is not enough.) Cook, stirring occasionally for about 8-10 minutes or until the onions are soft and have reached a light golden brown.

Add the garlic powder, cumin, and chili powder, stirring for about a minute or until fragrant.

After the spices start smelling yummy, add in the pinto beans and give a good stir. Add in about a tablespoon of the pinto bean liquid at a time, if the beans are dry. Go slowly. Stir occasionally and cook for about 5 minutes or until the beans are heated through.

After the beans have been heated, use a potato masher to mash the beans. Mash them until they look good to you. I like to see whole beans in mine, but mash as long as you prefer.

Taste test to see if more salt and pepper is needed.
Enjoy!

I hope ya'll liked this recipe and video tutorial. How do ya'll like to eat your re fried beans? I put mine in my taco and on the side! 

If ya'll liked this recipe and video tutorial, please give it a big thumbs up and a share, it only takes a second and I appreciate it so much! If you make your own re fried beans, I would love to hear how they turn out or see a picture. You can post pictures to my facebook page or tag me on instagram @_with_alex and you can use the #refriedbeanswithalex

And if you haven't subscribed to my youtube channel, don't forget to do that now so you don't miss any future videos! If you have any ideas for future videos, comment below. I love to hear your ideas!

Thanks a bunch!

Soft hugs and