Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Fibro Voodoo Doll!


Do you ever feel like a Voodoo Doll? If you have fibromyalgia, Lupus, or any other pain filled chronic illness you might understand what I mean. Pain that comes out of nowhere in places where you least expect it at times can make you feel like some evil person is out there poking pins into a little voodoo doll with your name on it.
Voodoo dolls can also be used for healing and good. You can use a voodoo doll to repel bad energy, invoke happiness and pain relief and try to heal whatever ailment that you might suffer from.

I suffer from Fibromyalgia among other illnesses and I live in a lot of pain. My best friend from high school, Julia, read about my burning skin on my facebook page and offered to try to help me and treat me like a guinea pig with Young Living Essential Oils. You can read all about it here. She is so thoughtful, sweet, caring and she really helped my skin so I wanted to crochet her a special gift. She said any Alex original would do so I started thinking. Julia suffers from pain too, she has fibromyalgia and after I made my best friend from 2nd grade a voodoo doll for her birthday, (click here for the Voodoo Doll blog) I knew I wanted to create a Fibro Voodoo Doll for Julia.

Sean and I had a wonderful date night of going to the yarn store, walking around downtown, and stopping for tacos at one of the best Mexican restaurants around.  I love picking out yarn and I had a lot of fun picking out the yarn for the fibro voodoo doll.

I started out with a sketch. I don’t always work this way but lately I am finding it is easier for me to design something by drawing it out first.


Julia helped me pick out which buttons would be the eyes. I love that she picked a flower button!



Then I got started on The Fibro Voodoo Doll!





The hair was a lot of fun. I used a twisted cord technique. For a picture tutorial by me click here.


Ta da!!! The Fibro Voodoo Doll!!!
Click here for the free pattern or click here to purchase the pdfDon’t forget to add me as a friend and I’ll definitely friend you back!








Soft hugs!!! <3

Formerly known as Crocheting Thru Chronic Diseases With Alex